Monday, February 9, 2015

You and Me- (Date Unknown)



  You tell me you love me and that you always will. I'm in awe..after all, I waited so long to hear those three magical words spoken from your lips. I began to think I never would. I feel all tingly inside,  but then I think, you may love me now, but what about tomorrow?
We are fragile beings you and me- restless souls.  What happens when the newness of us no longer exists? What if the night summons you and takes you far away from me? Would you love me then? What do we do with these narrow spaces? I want to fill them until they're no longer there, but I don't know how.

What would happen if we grow apart and someone else is part of your dreams?  We've both been here before. I wonder if the fantasy of you and me is still where I want to be. I want to tell you that I love you too, but I feel numb. The music is fading in the background, and I feel fragments of myself lurking behind me. I need to pull it together. You look deeply into my eyes impatiently awaiting my answer, and I think to myself, what a beautiful mess you are!

No comments:

Post a Comment